Terms and Conditions of Use
(1) VC3.org is maintained by the Virginia Capital Case Clearinghouse (“VCCC”) at the Washington and Lee University School of Law in Lexington, Virginia. This site is intended for informational and educational purposes only. The primary purpose of this site is to assist capital defense attorneys with pre-trial preparation and trial issues.
(2) Information in the “15 Steps to Life” and “Best of the Capital Defense Journal” sections is copyrighted by the Virginia Capital Case Clearinghouse and may not be used separately or distributed without written permission from VCCC (linkto: Contact). All other information may be copied in whole or in part by attorneys using this site for educational purposes or for use in capital defense litigation.
(3) The use of these materials in no way creates an attorney-client relationship between any individuals using this site and the lawyers at the VCCC, attorneys contributing to the site, or Washington and Lee University. The materials offered on this site do not constitute legal advice, legal services, or practice of law in any state or federal jurisdiction.
(4) The material found on this site should not be used by persons acting without legal counsel. Use of the information located on this site is not intended as a substitute for legal advice or representation by qualified counsel. Further, the use of opinions, legal research, summaries, briefs, motions and sample/model pleadings and jury instructions by individuals using this site does not create any obligation or liability on the part of VCCC counsel, attorneys contributing to this site, or Washington and Lee University. It is recommended that all citations be checked before use and all cases be reviewed in their entirety.
(5) Portions of this website are access-restricted. Once you register you may not transfer your password or login information to anyone else. The site contains information that has been gathered from, and is intended for the sole use of, lawyers and legal workers engaged in the defense of capital cases. By applying for and obtaining access to the access-restricted portions of this site, you are providing your personal assurance that you will abide by this restriction, and that you help to ensure that only registered users have access to these areas of the site.